Answer two questions.
You must choose questions from different sections.
SECTION A: CULTURAL APPROPRIATION
- Can we make sense of claims which state that a particular cultural form belongs to a particular culture?
- Are some instances of cultural appropriation acts of theft? Why or why not?
- ‘Cultural appropriation is wrong in some cases because it contributes to the destruction of the culture.’ Discuss.
SECTION B: DEPICTION
- To what extent are conventions involved in depiction?
- Explain Wollheim’s notion of ‘seeing-in’. Can it account for depiction?
- Is Kendall Walton’s account of pictorial representation successful?
SECTION C: CREATIVITY
- Is creativity in art a rational activity or process?
- Is there reason to think that mental illness is an advantage when it comes to creating art?
- To what extent is creativity a social phenomenon?